Getting the Most Out of Your CRM Software
CRM software is critical for your business, but are you using it to it's full potential?
Your company’s customer relationship management (CRM) software can manage your interactions with customers, clients, and sales prospects. And when your software is optimized for your specific use, it can help you find and win new clients, service your current clients, and streamline your marketing and customer service initiatives.
Many companies don’t utilize their CRM systems to their full potential, thus causing them to lose out on important opportunities for increased quality and efficiency, decreased costs, and increased profitability. A Gartner report estimated in 2003 that more than $1 billion had been spent on CRM software that was not being used.
Don’t waste your money or your time; follow these tips to maximize your CRM software’s usability and reap the benefits it provides to your company.
Keep it Organized
Many users complain that CRM interfaces are difficult to navigate, thus decreasing their usability. Keep your program organized so that you and your employees can easily access customer information, and clean out unneeded or irrelevant data that will only serve to confuse and distract you.
The more organized your information is, the less likely your program usage will fall by the wayside.
- Remove old data: Do you have customers in your program that are no longer with your company? Don’t let their data clutter up your program. Get rid of personal contact info and any other information that you no longer need. Demographic data can stay, or you can file it in a separate area to keep your program clean and optimized.
- Take care of current customers: Make sure that the information you have on file for current customers is correct and up-to-date. You don’t need to know what their address was three years ago. Eliminate historical notations and any unnecessary info that could keep you from quickly and efficiently finding relevant data.
Automate Your Processes
Certain functions and processes within your CRM program can be automated, freeing up more time for your staff to do valuable work. Consider automating parts of the sales process, such as:
- Lead generation, management, and quotes.
- Customer reports.
- Client retention forms.
Use Your Social Networks
You can integrate your CRM software with your social network in order to help you maintain customer connections on Facebook, Twitter, and your other social media platforms. Involving your CRM process with social media helps increase customer loyalty and brand impressions, giving you a go-to place for fomenting and developing relationships with your customers.
- Train your staff to provide customer service over your social media platforms by answering questions and engaging discussions.
- Look into current software plugins and extensions to incorporate your social media usage into your CRM program. If you’re hesitant to make changes to your CRM program, have your staff manually input their online customer interactions into the software.
Your CRM software can do a lot for your business if you know how to make it work for you. It can help you save time, conserve resources, and manage your customers with more care and efficiency. Keep it organized, and consider using automation and social media integration to get the most out of your software.