Understanding Organizational Needs
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW!
- You are knowledgeable about business in general.
- You have a basic foundation to think about how your product might benefit their organization
- You have a base of understanding and ill know the right questions to ask during your sales call
- You feel more confident when you set your appointments and make your presentations
BASIC NEEDS OF ANY ORGANIZATIONS!
- Make a profit (if what you sell can help make money, increase productivity and /or increase market share, this will be vital to your decision maker
- Successfully manage and integrate key functional areas of the operation. Success requires knowledge and skill.
MAJOR BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONAL UNITS
You need to make sure you understand main functions and departments found in every business operation. History has proven that if you dont understand what motivates each department within a business you will not succeed. There need have to become your need.MARKETING
Identifies channels of distribution for the products and services
- Who will buy?
- Who can buy?
- Who should buy?
- Who can help distribute?
- What methods can be used?
- Which are most profitable/
- Where should the geographic boundaries end? Or start?
- (This is the implementation of the marketing plan)
- Without sales there is no fuel for growth
- In small organizations sales and marketing are often combined
- Salespeople are the front line and the bottom line to a companys success
- The most valuable assets of any organization are its employees. How they are treated can make or break an organization.
- HR staff need to know about legal issues, benefits, training requirements
- HR staff need to know how to foster an environment that values and supports diversity, recruiting, hiring and retaining employees
- This unit controls and coordinates the access of information by both the employees and customers
- 24 hour access and support within a global economy
- Support for all functions within a company as well as the functions to support customers.
- Responsible for selecting the hardware and software to meet the needs of an organization.
The group that produces the products or services of the organization
- Responsible for all aspects of production
- Coordinate with other departments to gather new product ideas
- Design, structure and identify parts/services needed to produce the finished product
- Control the quality and quantity needed to satisfy the needs of both internal and external customers
- Relies heavily on the use of technology for quality control and increased productivity
- If a product is broke or defective this group gets the blame!
This department is responsible for the monitoring the pulse of the financial health and profitability of the organization.
- They get very little recognition, yet they are heroes on the sideline
- They must support the entire staffs financial needs by providing information, guidance and direction in areas (budgeting, compensation, benefits, costs, revenues etc)
- Ability to keep all departments informed of financial picture (in budget, over budget etc)
- All Tax requirements
The Customer Service Department is a vital link to customers
- Your partner in attracting, retaining and serving customer needs
- Handles irate calls and keeps everyone calm
- Support Services enhance the value of the product you sell
- Support services can help secure new business