3 Ways the Cloud can Improve Customer Support
Posted by Kate Webster on June 10, 2013 in Business Software, Customer Service [ 0 Comments ]
Providing quality customer support is essential to creating and maintaining customer loyalty. The days of impersonal customer care calls are over; technology now allows business to provide all kinds of instant support.
Using customer support software that operates in the cloud, or on a hosted online server, can help you improve your connection with your customers and be more readily available to answer all of their questions and concerns.
Here are three sure-fire ways that using the cloud will improve the overall quality of your customer support.
Promote Innovative Ideas
Hosting your customer information in the cloud as opposed to in an in-house database will allow your customer service agents to come up with fresh, innovative ideas. If your company embraces an innovative approach to customer care, it will likely result in better and more effective communication.
- Customer feedback can provide your company with a huge amount of productive feedback, and often it is difficult to keep track of so many ideas. Cloud software is easy to use and can give your customer support team tools that will help promote innovative ideas for customer engagement.
- Developing and testing new methods of customer support will help keep your company on the cutting edge of product development and help you go beyond simple customer satisfaction.
- Using cloud-based software will help free up you time usually dedicated to software management. Because the cloud is hosted by a third-party, your employees don’t have to spend time organizing and performing maintenance, and can focus more on providing quality assistance.
Using cloud computing can help your company move forward in one of the most popular trends these days: personalization. Increased personalization means a stronger connection with each and every one of your loyal customers.
- Social media is one of the newest platforms for customer support. E-Service (including web, social, and chat) support channels made up 13% of incoming support requests in 2012, but are projected to grow by 53% in the next year (DailyInfographic). Having your CRM in the cloud will allow your team to reach out to customers on social media sites easily and let them to provide instant support.
- Monitoring customer trends using social media will also let you to adjust your service to each customer you assist, letting you answer their questions quickly while projecting an approachable and friendly image of your company.
- The cloud allows you almost instant access to your customer base, allowing you to tailor future campaigns or create forums specifically for your target audience.
Access Information Easily
One of the most important ways that the cloud can improve your customer support is in its mobility. By storing customer information online, your team members can get the information they need even if they are away from the office.
- If employees are outside the office, or even working from home, they can still provide assistance to your customers by easily pulling up information about their accounts including purchase history. Depending on your employee’s scheduling, this will make your customer support team accessible outside of business hours or even over holidays, because some of the time your customers might operate outside of normal business hours.
A study by Bluewolf in 2012 showed that 85% of your business could be lost due to poor customer service. One of the most effective ways to keep your customer support team up-to-date with customer information is by using cloud-based applications to keep them mobile and to promote innovative thinking.