Finding a Search Engine Optimization Consultant in Your Local Area
Posted by Guest Author on March 7, 2012 in SEO [ 4 Comments ]
Creating an online presence can be a difficult task for both new and established companies. Most businesses have no idea where or how to market themselves on the internet using new school marketing techniques. That is why it is vital to hire a knowledgeable search engine optimization consultant that knows exactly what the company is looking for so they can assist in achieving those goals.
Many companies are stuck using traditional marketing methods that have worked in the past such as print, radio, etc. These tactics still work, but with computers and the internet these are no longer the only marketing strategies a company needs to employ. Businesses need to move into the twenty-first century and embrace technology, and this means creating a website and marketing the site with a professional search engine optimization company.
Why You Want a Local Expert and Not Just Any Expert
One of the most common mistakes companies make has to do with the location of the SEO Company you wish to hire. Many think that because the job deals with the Internet all business can be done over the Internet. This is unfortunately not the case. It is highly recommended to find a SEO company that is located near you for many reasons:
- Trust – First, you can meet that person or company face to face and actually get to know them. This will add trust in the knowledge that your consultant is nearby and can be easily reached.
- Communication – Another advantage is you know what you are getting. They speak your native tongue, they know the local target market, and are often cost effective. This makes direct communication as simple as a thirty minute drive or a phone call. You do not have to worry about time differences or having to Skype the other person at strange hours of the day.
- Awareness – If you outsource the work you really lose control of what is happening to your business online. You are left in the dark and are subject to unethical, black hat SEO techniques, which you want to avoid as these can result in your website being permanently banned from the search engines. Yes, Google can kick you off the search results page and getting back on the search engine is tough. Bing, Yahoo, and the other search engines have the same discretion, so you must be careful and have complete transparency with your search engine marketing company.
What to Do before Hiring an Internet Marketing Expert
When looking for an internet marketing expert in your local area there are many things to take into consideration. Below are a few items to keep in mind:
- You want to read reviews of the company and make sure they are legitimate.
- You want to ask to see their portfolio to see what rankings that have achieved for past clients.
- Another test is to see where the company ranks in the search engine rankings. If they do not rank well in Google, Yahoo, and Bing it, then they may not be the best suited for the job.
Many companies are selling search engine optimization (SEO) packages to clients throughout the world. These packages vary from small changes to full site redesigns. It all depends on your industry, competitors, and your current status on the web. If you want a small SEO package you must let your consultant know so they can accurately assess and quote your website for the changes that need to be applied.
Although finding a local search engine optimization company can be a difficult task, it is much easier if you have the proper tools, knowledge, and research done beforehand.
Photo Credit: dnawebsolution.us