How To Choose The Right Call Center Software
Posted by Jessica Sanders on June 5, 2012 in Business Software [ 1 Comment ]
Call center software is critical for running a call center efficiently and effectively. Not only does it allow for better customer service, but it gives your agents a system that makes their jobs easier. However, not all call center software is created equal. Consider options for tracking, management and ease of use before choosing the one that’s right for your business.
“Choosing the right call center software can help manage information, improve customer service and boost staff productivity. With the large number of different solutions on the market, each claiming to be “the best”, it can be difficult to zero-in on the right solution.” – CallCenterArchitects.com
Tracking your calls and engagements is critical to maintaining a successful customer service center. Customers want to be heard, understood and treated as though you’re friends with them. Being able to track previous conversations, interactions, purchasing history and more will make this possible for your agents.
- Previous calls – You should be able to reference previous phone calls for better customer interaction and understanding.
- Previous engagements – You want to be able to reference previous conversations via Facebook, Twitter, email, etc. to give a sense of familiarity.
Whether your call center is in the office, around the corner or across the world, you need to manage your agents just as well as the employees within your immediate reach. You’ll also want to manage and track your analytics.
Otherwise known as performance management, Blog.Monetsoftware.com suggests, “Performance management is a critical part of managing call centers and is essential to help you align your people, processes and systems to your goals and objectives, such as customer satisfaction, cost control and revenue goals.”
- Analytics – You want to assess trends in complaints, arguments, questions, etc. This will benefit your business as a whole, not just the call center.
- Workforce – Some software companies also offer workforce management software which provides you all the benefits of being present even though you aren’t. From agent scheduling to cost forecasting, it’s a necessary addition to your call center software.
Ease of Use
Finally, one of the most important components is the ease of use. You and your agents will all need to be able to use this software efficiently and effectively. It will be ideal to choose the software that is easy to adapt to and learn. However, that is not always possible. If you find your best option is a more complicated system, consider the following.
- Training: Check whether the company will offer training for their software. Often there are training specialists that can come into the call center and provide a day or two of help and training.
- Support: If training is not an option, be sure that you have optimal support. The company you choose should allot you a dedicated technician or group of technicians that you can reach at all times in the case of an emergency.
A lot goes into choosing the right call center software for your business. Not only is this software integral for your call center agents, but it’s necessary to maintain successful and productive customer service. Be sure to keep these options in mind, before choosing a program that won’t be able to fit your needs.
Photo credit: offshoreassistants.com