How to Choose the Right Promotional Products Company
Posted by Jessica Sanders on May 20, 2012 in Marketing [ 4 Comments ]
Choosing the right promotional products company is vital to making the most of your giveaway items. As a valuable marketing tool, you want to be sure you’re working with a company that can deliver on their promise and make your promotional vision come to life.
“The bottom line is, when you’re picking a promotional products provider, ask the right questions and find out if they’re the right supplier for you. A lot of companies may look the same, but when it comes to service, quality and reliability, not all suppliers are equal.” – ePromos.com
Answer 4 simple questions to get started
What do they have to offer?
When you purchase promotional items, you want to be sure they’re done right. If you’re connected with a salesperson right away, you’ll know it’s not the company for you. Sales people are trying to meet goals and make a commission, and you don’t want to be just another profitable account. You’ll need a company that can do more than sell you a product.
- Design: Do they have a design team that is going to work to make your brand look great?
- Marketing: Are they interested in your marketing strategies? Some companies can advise customers on how to incorporate the product into an existing or new campaign.
Will you have support?
You are going to a promotions company because this is a task you cannot complete yourself. That means there is a good chance you’ll need support down the line. This is integral to launching your promotional campaign and will be necessary support to your current marketing efforts. If the product comes in late or you got a bad batch, you need someone you can turn to for support. Be sure they have a team dedicated to customer service.
- Team: Is there a team of people who can aid you with various problems?
- Dedicated: Will you have a dedicated support or sales person to call directly?
Do they offer the products you want?
There are so many products to choose from, but only a small amount will be of value to your particular audience. Most promotional companies will offer a wide selection of items, but if you have something specific in mind, be sure that yours is on that list.
- Call ahead: If you want a specific type of bag or certain style hat, call to see if this product can be designed through them.
- Browse their website: Most companies have a website listing their products. Scan and see if they already offer a product that could be just as good.
Do they have good references?
The final step is to read through testimonials, reviews and referrals. This will be your best source of information; a previous customer has nothing to lose by giving it to you straight. There are a number of places you can find this information, but the best ones are:
- Friends and other businesses: Inquire about their final product, the process, etc.
- Review sites: Find both in-depth overviews and customer reviews.
- Their site: Many companies will showcase testimonials. While these will be all positive, they can still offer insight on the services provided.
It’s important that you find the right company to work with. Your promotional items will be critical to having a successful marketing campaign, and you want them done right. If you can answer all these questions you’ll have a good idea of what company will be best for you. Now all that’s left to do is launch your successful campaign.