How Your Small Business Can Process Payments Like Big Businesses
Posted by Guest Author on July 31, 2013 in Business Financing, Credit Card Processing, Small Business Efficiency [ 2 Comments ]
It wasn’t so long ago that small businesses struggled to process credit and debit cards like large corporations. Merchant services, as they’re known, came with costly hardware, rates were frequently volume based, and reserve accounts often tied up valuable cash needed to run smaller operations. Today, there are many different payment platforms for small businesses and each offers solutions that run on multiple devices and offer competitive rates. Here are three such platforms.
One of the most popular payment platforms for small businesses is offered by Square. This robust solution is app-driven on both Google Android and Apple iOS devices and includes a free card reader that plugs into the 3.5mm earphone jack.
- Plan Rates: Rates range from free download plus the 2.75% for card-swipe transactions (3.5% plus $0.15 for keyed transactions) to $275 per month plus 0% per swipe (keyed transactions are still 3.5% plus $0.15 per transaction).
- Next-Day Deposits: For transactions completed during typical business hours, deposits appear in a merchant’s bank account the next day. Merchants can setup email notifications to automatically create a paper trail of deposits.
- Unlimited Transactions: This particular feature from Square lets you run your business how you want in order to maximize cash flow and profits.
- Square Wallet: Created to help merchants craft loyalty programs, Square Wallet lets customers pay with their name only, simplifying the process and creating a base of repeat customers.
Comprised of executives from Microsoft, Netscape, and Seamless, Swipely taps into modern technology, harnesses analytical data, and directs it all into a marketing plan targeted at your customers. Swipely provides the tools necessary to create repeat customers and to reward them for their loyalty.
- Price Match Guarantee: This innovative move ensures the switch to the Swipely payment platform won’t cost you any more than you’re already spending on credit and debit card processing. This makes the switch to Swipely virtually risk-free.
- Very Little Changes: Swipely works on all your existing equipment, which means there are no additional hardware investments, no new systems and procedures to learn, and no confusion for business owners, employees, and customers alike.
- Extensive Compatibility: Swipley works seamlessly with every major Point of Sale (POS) system used by U.S. merchants, including Micros, Breadcrumb, Aldelo, ShopKeep, NCR, POS iTouch, Lavu, and dozens more.
- Next-Day Settlement: Transactions completed during traditional business hours will appear in your business bank account the next day, ensuring adequate cash flow and revenue for product re-investment.
3. Intuit GoPayment
Intuit was an early player in the mobile credit and debit card processing space and it offers a robust and feature-rich payment system.
- Competitive Rates: Let’s face it, the more you spend on credit card processing, the less profit you will accumulate from each sale. Intuit offers a very competitive 2.7 percent per swiped transaction (3.5 percent for keyed) with no additional monthly fees. Merchants who opt into Intuit’s $13 per month offering get 1.7 percent for swiped transactions and 2.7 percent for keyed transactions.
- Mobility: For any merchant on the go, like food cart operators, farmer’s market merchants, or any other business in need of mobile credit and debit card processing, Intuit GoPayment is a great solution. Available for both iOS and Android phones, tablets, and other connected devices, you’ll finally be able to accept electronic payments no matter where you’ve setup shop.
- Website Support: Merchants have total control of transactions, refunds, and deposits through the GoPayment website.
No matter what type of business you own and operate, and no matter how many credit and debit card transactions you complete in a day, there is a payment platform that will meet your needs, scale with your company’s growth, and keep cash flowing through your business.
About the Author: Elli Bishop writes for BusinessBee, a one-stop shop for all of your business needs. Whether you’re looking for business internet or trying to choose the right cloud computing provider for your business, we’ve got it all!