Make Something Happen!
Posted by Jody Gabourie on August 26, 2008 in Marketing [ 0 Comments ]
Make something happen…or nothing will happen. It’s as simple and brutal as that.
You can sit around and complain – that you don’t have enough time to market…that marketing is too complicated…too hard…that you aren’t any good at it.
How to achieve success at marketing is to take action. How to demystify marketing is to take action. How to get good at marketing is to take action.
Are you getting my point?
Don’t all of the books and seminars out there on writing sales and marketing copy stress that you must ask your prospects and clients to take action. Now, why would you expect them to take action and not you?
We ask people to take action in our marketing communications because it’s the only way they’ll get access to useful information, products and services that will help them with whatever problem it is they’re experiencing.
Well, it’s the same with us small business owners – if we want help with our “problem” (attracting and keeping clients) then we have to take action too.
Let’s break down “taking action” into smaller bite-sized pieces to take some of the overwhelm out of it. Taking action with your marketing can include the following:
- make a marketing plan – doesn’t have to be complicated, just start with some basics
- pick an area of comfort for you (speaking, writing, networking) and start with marketing strategies built around that one area
- constantly educate yourself and expose yourself to experts who you can learn from
- schedule your marketing activities into your daily calendar and your to-do lists
- be open to different ways of doing things
- start delegating the stuff you don’t want to do and constantly procrastinate taking action on
- take advantage of the power of systems to help you put as much on auto-pilot and free up your time to work on your business instead of in it
- make time each day to do a marketing activity such as writing your ezine; sending a thank you note to an affiliate; tweaking your sales page; doing some online research about what your target group is up to; adding a new email to your autoresponder series; figuring out your next promotion; calling a new client to see how they like the product they just purchased; and so on….the list is endless.
Bottom line is that if you don’t take action and market consistently on a daily basis, then your bottom line isn’t going to increase much!
So take a look around you and make a list of 3 things you can take action on TODAY…and then go make something happen! Repeat tomorrow and the day after and the day after……..