Quick and Easy Ways to Create an Info-product
Posted by Jody Gabourie on February 13, 2009 in Marketing [ 1 Comment ]
Having an information product is the best way to do something once and get paid for it over and over again. It’s the way smart business owners and solo-preneurs stop trading time for money and start trading all that great, valuable knowledge in their heads for money!
So where do you start?
Here are 3 ways for you to inexpensively and quickly create an info-product:
1) Offer a teleseminar or teleclass
- record it using audioacrobat
- offer the MP3 or burn some CDs and offer it with a transcript if you want
This is a good choice if you are starting from scratch and aren’t already doing any training or workshops.
2) Use an existing training program or workshop
- record the training or program and offer with or without the transcript
- if you already have a recording, then just package up with an introduction and sell as an MP3 or CD, or as a higher end product that included both the transcript and audio
- if you’ve only got the written version, record it yourself using audioacrobat
Choose this one if you are already delivering some content to people and you can take advantage of an existing program or booking.
3) Re-purpose existing articles, reports and blog posts
- collect the best ones, add an introduction and sell as an ebook
- record some of the articles and add an MP3 or CD to charge more
This works well when you have lots of existing content (i.e. articles and blog posts) that is still relevant and “fresh”.
As you can see, creating info-products – especially “beginner” ones – can be inexpensive, quick and painless! Take a look around you and see what opportunities you can take advantage of to make simple, yet valuable, information products that you can offer to your prospects and clients.