Resource Nation’s Pick For Top 5 Business Stories of the Week
Posted by Shannon Suetos on August 13, 2010 in Business News [ 0 Comments ]
It might be Friday the 13th, but this week was short of scary when it comes to business news. Many of us got duped by a girl pretending to get revenge on her boss, and Google celebrated the 71st anniversary of The Wizard of Oz. Below are the top 5 stories that made the cut this week.
- Confirmed: HOPA Dry Erase Girl Is A Hoax, Identity Revealed [TechCrunch] ““Girl quits her job on dry erase board, emails entire office (33 Photos)” is indeed a hoax, say its creators John and Leo Resig.”
- Hiring an Agency for Your Business [Danny Brown] “As social media continues to grow as a business tool, hiring an agency for your business’s social media needs can be confusing.”
- The Wizard of Oz celebrated by Google doodle [Telegraph] “The 71st anniversary of the Wizard of Oz, the 1939 film starring Judy Garland, has been commemorated with a Google doodle. The doodle depicts a scene from the film in which Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion catch their first glimpse of the Emerald City, the fictional capital city of the Land of Oz.”
- Is a Crash Coming? Ten Reasons to Be Cautious [Wall Street Journal] “Could Wall Street be about to crash again? This week’s bone-rattlers may be making you wonder. I don’t make predictions. That’s a sucker’s game. And I’m certainly not doing so now. But way too many people are way too complacent this summer. Here are 10 reasons to watch out.”
- Friday the 13th Means Millions in Lost Business, Productivity [CNBC] “Be afraid, be very afraid of today, Friday the 13th. Just kidding. But if you’re running a company, do you notice a loss of productivity, caused by one or more of the following changes? Your staff won’t travel or may be uncharacteristically cantankerous and uncooperative in that they refuse to tackle what they usually do routinely—sales calls, closing deals or meeting clients for lunch.”
Don’t let the fact that it is Friday the 13th get you down. Enjoy your Friday, and look forward to great news next week.