Top 10 Inspirational Business Quotes That Could Change Your Life
Posted by Dave Thomas on August 18, 2011 in Business Management [ 2 Comments ]
There is nothing more inspirational for an entrepreneur than reading motivational business quotes. This is particularly true when tough times are experienced in order to uplift any individual whose business opportunity might not seem as profitable as they have hoped for.
This article will provide the top 10 inspirational business quotes which I feel you should read, and they are in no particular order of importance.
1. Preparation – Preparation and planning are key to any successful business, and this is the quote that I felt said it all.
“You can’t overestimate the need to plan and prepare. In most of the mistakes I’ve made, there has been this common theme of inadequate planning beforehand. You really can’t over-prepare in business!” – Chris Corrigan
2. Priorities – Business becomes the life of individuals. They eat, drink and sleep business. Here is my all time favorite quote by a man who has built one of the biggest business empires in the history of this world.
“A man should never neglect his family for business.” – Walt Disney
3. Work at It – Those who dream about owning a business but who doesn’t put effort into it, or who doesn’t have the confidence to take the risk, will never succeed. No sacrifice, no victory.
“The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer.” – Nolan Bushnell
4. Adapt – Most people do not like change as they do not know what the change might bring about. In business the ability to adapt is crucial. Herewith the quote from businessman Charles Darwin: “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.”
5. Never Give Up – Some might feel that other individuals just have it easy when starting and succeeding in business. If you have made mistakes try to correct them quickly, and for those currently licking their wounds after a failed adventure, enjoy this quote:
“Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
6 – Philosophical – We are all blessed with different talents. I in particular enjoy philosophical quotes and my current choice fell on the business quote provided by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi: “A business is successful to the extent that it provides a product or service that contributes to happiness in all of its forms.”
7 – Attitude – How we approach life is what makes us who we are. Attitude is therefore very important and your choice on how you will live you day to day. We can all control our attitude. Decide then on whether or not your day will be a positive or negative one.
“Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Thoughts are things! And powerful things at that, when mixed with definiteness of purpose, and burning desire, can be translated into riches” – Napoleon Hill
8 – Courage
Another key element in all decisions made is courage.
“In all realms of life it takes courage to stretch your limits, express your power, and fulfill your potential. It’s no different in the financial realm” – Suze Orman
9 – Satisfaction
Satisfaction is the ultimate goal of having a business, and I therefore really live by the principles taught by the quote from Alan Greenspan.
“I have found no greater satisfaction than achieving success through honest dealing and strict adherence to the view that, for you to gain, those you deal with should gain as well”
10 – Leadership
“Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.” – Norman Schwarzkopf