Office Furniture Price Guide
with quote request!
Office Furniture Tips
When it comes to your business, the office furniture that you choose to furnish your space with is almost as important as where your business is located. The types of office equipment, desks, and chairs you choose can reflect upon your business as a whole!
Ugly cubicles and outdated upholstery can make your office seem cramped and uncomfortable to employees and customers alike. When choosing office furniture, price shouldn’t be your only concern. How the furniture looks, feels, and fits into the overall design of the office space are important considerations when shopping for office furniture.
When buying your office furniture, keep in mind the type of impression that you want that furniture to make. You will want your clients and visitors to get a good sense of how you do business and feel comfortable spending time in the space. When choosing your furniture, keep in mind the following tips:
- Make sure that the furniture you choose will fit well in the space you have available. No matter how trendy it is, if the furniture doesn’t fit the space, it’s going to cause more problems than it solves.
- If there are multiple people sharing a space, it is a good idea to make sure that each person has enough room to comfortably get to their desks. Keep in mind that extra space will be needed for office chairs.
- Don’t forget to factor in comfort. Make sure that the furniture you choose is comfortable as well as stylish. After all, your employees will be spending the majority of their time utilizing this furniture. If they aren’t comfortable, they can’t concentrate on their jobs.
- Your office needs more than just desks and chairs in order to function. Filing cabinets, book cases, and other pieces can add more space for storage and keep an office organized and tidy. Rather than leaving these items
- as after-the-fact considerations, make them fit in with the overall design of your office. Great overall office design can’t make up for the ugly metal filing cabinet lurking in the corner.
Read through some of our quick tips for choosing the right furniture in our Buyer’s Guide.
Office furniture goes through a lot of wear and tear. It may be used all day, every day by a number of different people and as such can be prone to damage. When damage is practically a guarantee, it can be tempting to purchase cheaper equipment and furniture under the assumption that, “it won’t last long, anyway.” However, quality furniture pieces will last much longer and save you money in the future.
- Cheap office furniture will break down faster because it’s made with cheaper, less durable components – aluminum instead of steel, laminated composite instead of hardwood. It may be more cost-effective to purchase a hardwood bookshelf that will last ten years rather than a composite bookshelf that you have to replace every year.
- Purchasing high-quality furniture may not be financially feasible for a business just starting out. In that case, you can purchase cheap or used furniture up front, and then phase in more high-quality furniture over time as your business’s cash flow increases.
Read through our New vs. Used Furniture chart to help decide which is best for your business.
When looking for furniture with which to furnish your office, keep the following factors in mind: how it looks, how it feels, and how long it will last. A miss on any one of these can end up costing your business time and money.
When looking for office furniture, you may want to consider modern office cubicles to start.