Depending on the type of services that you are receiving through your web design company, there may be some after-the-fact considerations that you need to tend to on your own.
- Web hosting – as we have stated before, hosting is a necessary element of your website. Now, if your web design company is unable to handle this for you, you are going to need to find a hosting account on your own. Nowadays, web-hosting accounts are inexpensive, even for businesses – you should be able to find a suitable business hosting account for $10 to $20 per month.
- Website updates and additions - Nearly every website, at one time or another, will need some text changed, pages added, or other updates to take place. While somebody in your in-house team can likely handle simple website updates, this is not always optional. There are individuals and companies who will cater to your ongoing website update needs for a flat rate or monthly charges.
- Marketing and optimization - In this day and age, a website is not noticed simply because it is available online; it needs to be promoted and preferably optimized for search engines. Basic search engine optimization and web marketing is straightforward, but this aspect is so important that a professional in the field really should handle it.
- Analytics and tracking – Not only is receiving visitors important, but also knowing where your visitors come from, how they respond to your website and what causes your visitors to take a desired action on your website is of the utmost importance. Many companies literally throw money away because they fail to track and analyze their website’s visitors. Through analyzing your visitors’ statistics, you can improve your website’s conversion ratios and identify any problematic areas on your website.
- Credit card processing – Merchant accounts are an absolute necessity for online retailers. Ecommerce web site designers may optionally offer merchant accounts that allow you to accept credit cards, but it may be cheaper to seek out these services on your own, depending on the setup of your website.
No man is an island unto himself and website design services seldom ever offer everything needed to run a successful website. These after-the-fact considerations are, for the most part, necessities when you are running a business online.
Finding the right web site design company for you
While choosing a web site designer may not be a piece of cake, it does not have to be overly complicated. Our web design buyers guide should give you the information you need to find the web site design company that not only matches your needs, but your budget and your tastes as well.