E-Commerce Solutions Pricing
A large number of factors shape your e-commerce package prices. Anticipated sales will influence how comprehensive of a solution you need. If you aren’t worried about security and have one sale every two days, you may be able to get by with a simple Wordpress plugin, but if you are shipping and tracking over 25 orders per day you may need to dedicate additional resources to optimize your efforts.
Typical e-commerce solutions average:
• $500-$1000/ Flat fee - for installation and setup.
• $60 /monthly - Service with customer service support (hosted solutions)
• $100 /year - SSL certification
• $5-$20/month – Basic Website hosting
If you are looking for a whole new website, with e-commerce integrated you will have to decide whether you are going to be using a template or a custom design. Custom e-commerce websites can cost upwards of $10,000; where templates typically can be set up and running for as little as $1,000.
Simply looking at costs of e-commerce solutions is like comparing apple and oranges, it may be more important to keep a few simple tips in mind for assessing vendor’s offerings:
• If you know what you want, don’t settle for alternatives: For example, if you have decided you want no registration checkout, don’t settle for anything but
• Don’t focus solely on price: E-commerce is a long term strategy, sometimes monthly prices can be more expensive that a large flat fee.
• Get a sample of the vendor’s previous work: You should be able to cross-reference your businesses e-commerce needs with a vendor who has serviced a similar industry.