Questions to Ask Marketing FirmsQuestions to Ask When Placing Ads:
1) What are the demographics of your target audience?
2) What geographic regions does your media cover?
3) What is your distribution / circulation? (I.e. Number of recipients / viewers)
4) Can I narrow your distribution to focus on a specific geography or demographic?
5) What ad placement options do you offer? (E.g. Front / back, size, etc.)
6) What is your average return rate for undeliverable ads? (I.e. Bad addresses)
7) Where do you get your distribution lists from?
8) How often are your distribution lists updated?
9) What are your standard advertising rates?
10) Do you offer discounts for longer contracts?
11) Do you offer remnant advertising?
12) Is there a cost if I want you to design my ad?
Questions to ask marketing firms, consultants, and agencies:
1) What experience do you have in my industry?
2) What tools do you use to track my performance?
3) Do you have specialists in design and placement?
4) Do you do enough volume to negotiate large discounts on my ads?
5) How many different ad designs and call-to-actions would you recommend testing?
6) How much notice do I have to give if I want to cancel an ad?
7) Will you accept some of your compensation based on results?